Young Moms

Young Moms is a creatively-named um, club?, group?, loose alliance?, of young moms (mostly college-educated SAHMS) who live in SoCal and go to the same conservative Episcopal church. We meet in the park every week so the kids can run their wiggles out and we can talk to people who form sentences with more than three words. And now we blog together too!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

On Diaper Bags

I've decided that diaper bags designed for that specific purpose are fairly pointless, unless you're bottle feeding. Aside from the bottle compartments, the only real differences that I've found, between "diaper bags" and any other moderately large tote, is that the one's designed specifically for that purpose tend to be of lower quality and higher price.

Lately, I've discovered that I can fit all the essential-essentials into a medium-sized organizer purse. One diaper per kid, travel wipes, and one of those wonderful baggie dispensers, dried fruit and goldfish crackers, H20 bottle, one recieving blanket. Everything else stays in a huge beach tote in the car, there if I need it, but otherwise I needn't lug it around.

What works for you guys?

5 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    I'm not sure which is worse: the fact that I worried that ten diapers might not be enough for a morning outing, or the fact that they weren't.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Mrs. Speckperson said…

    That is hilarious.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger John Mark Eastman said…

    On our second outing with Kadence we went to my parents house. Erica packed the diapers - probably 8 or 9 and a small carry size baby wipes (never used before). She failed to mention the carry size baby wipes container only has 16 wipes. I may not be very good because 16 wipes doesn't last long - not mentioning we also ran out of diapers.

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    No, it's not just you, 16 wipes is NOT very many. Though it sure sounds like they SHOULD be!

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Mrs. Speckperson said…

    Just to clarify - I meant it was hilarious as in I'm totally with you. I remember one diaper change that took 5 diapers. It was about 1 diaper a minute. Don't even get me started about the quantity of wipes I use!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home