Young Moms

Young Moms is a creatively-named um, club?, group?, loose alliance?, of young moms (mostly college-educated SAHMS) who live in SoCal and go to the same conservative Episcopal church. We meet in the park every week so the kids can run their wiggles out and we can talk to people who form sentences with more than three words. And now we blog together too!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Birthday? Please?

I'd REALLY appreciate prayers tomorrow morning. I'm going in to the hospital at 9:30am so they can start trying to get labor going. If I've dilated another centimeter or so (I'm barely 1 now and they'd like me to get to 2) before then they'll leave me alone, but I'm not even having very many braxton-hicks anymore so I doubt that'll happen. They're going to put gel around my cervix to try to get it to open up. If that doesn't work they'll start to think about pitocin since they really don't like what my blood pressure is doing. I don't know how long they'll give me in between those two attempts. They're having me come in in the morning just in case it works well so that I can get started during the day.

So yeah... it might all happen tomorrow, or it might be a few more days. Either way, please pray for me! I'm nervous. Please pray that all goes very smoothly, that I sleep well tonight and don't get too nervous about the morning, and that my coaches (Tim and, if she's able to get off work, Joi) will be strong and blessed and not traumatized by the sight of me naked and gross and screaming. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home