Young Moms

Young Moms is a creatively-named um, club?, group?, loose alliance?, of young moms (mostly college-educated SAHMS) who live in SoCal and go to the same conservative Episcopal church. We meet in the park every week so the kids can run their wiggles out and we can talk to people who form sentences with more than three words. And now we blog together too!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

good snacks

So, as I'm losing baby weight, I'm finding it's helpful to have good snacks in the house. That is, snacks that both taste good, and are good for me (and therefore also good for Samuel). And, oh yeah, don't cost too much. Here are some good ones I've found:

-salad
-cut-up fruit
-dried fruit
-roasted veggies
-rice crackers
-homemade cookies (less fat and sugar if you make them right)
-whole wheat noodles with a bit of olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley and salt

My sister's suggestion was:
-a bed of spinach, with cottage cheese mixed with a LITTLE ranch dressing, and tuna.
-dried soy beans (which, unfortunately, I don't like)


But I'd like to collect more ideas. Variety is GOOD. So, I thought you all would probably have some favorites. What do you snack on?

-Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home